Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blog Feng Shui

Is there such thing as blog feng shui?

I'm not sure myself but ever since the last blog makeover, certain things have not worked out for me so well. Maybe it's just a coincidence that those things turned for the worse after I changed the layout of the blog. Maybe it's not just a coincidence and all that was manifested due to the change? Don't get me wrong, there were some positives too but the negatives just seem to outweigh the positives.

So I've decided to give up on the one month old or so template and go with this new look. It's actually still a work in progress but I feel refreshed already. I had initially chosen another template with green and nature motifs but it just didn't fit the contents of my blog. I had to resize pictures and videos of my previous articles and that just seems like too much work.

I've also taken this opportunity to fully migrate to the new Blogger platform. I don't really like the new Blogger as you are limited to how much you can tinker with the CSS and HTML codes, unless you fully understand how the new codes work. That again will take up too much time and even the professionals out there are still figuring out how to fully play around with the new Blogger. I did however learn a few things in the process of getting this layout to work nicely with the contents of my blog. To me, the new platform is something that newbies and those who lack the knowledge of CSS and HTML would really appreciate very much. For those of us who actually know quite a bit of CSS and HTML, we will feel restricted using the new Blogger.

There are of course a few features that I like in the new Blogger, hence the jump to this new platform despite its shortcomings. I'm sorry if you have to adapt to a new layout again so soon after the previous change but I'm sure this is an improvement from the previous one. Please bear with me as I may still tinker with this layout to get it just right but it shouldn't deviate too much from what you see now. The car in the header is nice and all but I'm thinking of replacing it to differentiate and personalise the look of the blog. Meanwhile, I hope you like this new layout. :)




3 comments:

  1. hey bro...wat car is that at ur frontpage ?

    so chun man!

    gime a ride soon k

    ReplyDelete
  2. @delphynus
    at least i know i got it right this time. ;)

    the last one was the only one you disagreed with. maybe you could sense the negative energy. should consult you on the feng shui first next time. :P

    @des
    haha...i wish it was mine too. you're probably more likely to own a car like that first before i do, so maybe it should be you that should give me a ride next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete