Sunday, December 04, 2005

Tong Hua (Fairy Tale)

by Guang Liang (Michael Kong) aka Michael Wong Kong Leong


"Tong Hua" music video with English subtitles

Chinese Lyrics

wang le you duo jiu
zai mei ting dao ni
dui wo shuo ni
zui ai de gu shi
wo xiang le hen jiu
wo kai shi huang le
shi bu shi wo you
zuo cuo le shen me

ni ku zhe dui wo shuo
tong hua li dou shi pian ren de
wo bu ke neng
shi ni de wang zi
ye xu ni bu hui dong
cong ni shuo ai wo yi hou
wo de tian kong
xing xing dou liang le

wo yuan bian cheng tong hua li
ni ai de na ge tian shi
zhang kai shuang shou bian cheng chi bang shou hu ni
ni yao xiang xin
xiang xin wo men hui xiang tong hua gu shi li
xing fu he kuai le shi jie ju

ni ku zhe dui wo shuo
tong hua li dou shi pian ren de
wo bu ke neng
shi ni de wang zi
ye xu ni bu hui dong
cong ni shuo ai wo yi hou
wo de tian kong
xing xing dou liang le

wo yuan bian cheng tong hua li
ni ai de na ge tian shi
zhang kai shuang shou bian cheng chi bang shou hu ni
ni yao xiang xin
xiang xin wo men hui xiang tong hua gu shi li
xing fu he kuai le shi jie ju

wo yao bian cheng tong hua li
ni ai de na ge tian shi
zhang kai shuang shou bian cheng chi bang shou hu ni
ni yao xiang xin
xiang xin wo men hui xiang tong hua gu shi li
xing fu he kuai le shi jie ju

wo hui bian cheng tong hua li
ni ai de na ge tian shi
zhang kai shuang shou bian cheng chi bang shou hu ni
ni yao xiang xin
xiang xin wo men hui xiang tong hua gu shi li
xing fu he kuai le shi jie ju

yi qi xie wo men de jie ju


English Translation

I've forgotten how long it's been
Since I last heard you
Tell me your favourite fairytale
I've thought for a very long time
I'm starting to get worried
Have I done something wrong again?

You told me with tears in your eyes
That fairytales are all lies
There's no way I can be your prince charming
Perhaps you don't understand
Since you said you loved me
The stars in my sky started to twinkle

I'm willing to be
The angel you love in the fairytale
I'll open my arms wide
And turn them into wings to protect you
You must believe
Believe that we will be like the fairytale
With happy ever after as the ending

Together we'll write our own ending


Tong Hua - a song that is being played over and over in my iTunes at the moment. Well, actually also in the car, in my head and everywhere else for that matter! :P Just can't stop listening to it. I get this sad feeling while listening to this song but fulfilling in a way. I get teary-eyed everytime I watch the music video. I'm trying to learn the lyrics by hard but it's not exactly something easy to do. You see, the lyrics are in Mandarin and I know nuts about Mandarin although I'm a Malaysian Chinese. :P The English translation is helping though. :) The lyrics are just so meaningful but although I'm still unable to remember it by hard, I'm enjoying the wonderfully composed music which is just heavenly.

If you don't already know, Michael is a Malaysian singer who is now based in Taiwan and was formerly half of the Michael and Victor duet that churned out many beautiful ballads before they seperated to further their solo careers. I found a Flash music video of this beautiful song and also a comical version performed by The Dormitory Boys. Enjoy...





30 comments:

  1. omg..!!!
    i had that song playing over and over at home until my sis got pissed at me! it's kind of infectious, no? but i guess now i know what that song really means. thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is one of the best I've ever come to hear. Even though I don't understand a word in Chinese, this song just rings something deeper... something that you don't have to understand, but you can feel it... Thanks for the translation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sad video.... loved the song

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tong Hua
    Beautiful word in an amazing music, make heart felt like flying..

    -Ay-
    everyday4coffee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, really great music...you are filled up with so many different emotions listening to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erm... the singer's name is not Michael Kong... it's Wong. In Mandarin, it's Hwang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea, there are many variations to his name...you can check them all out online.

    Michael Kong is an acceptable market name...recognised widely by his fans...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definatly addicting! I LOVE his songs!! he's just awesome... tong hua mv is just so heart-tearing, the way you just fall for the characters that appear for less then 10 mins[minusing the billion times you push the replay button] haha but n e ways..LOVE his songs, like zhou shi ni, di yi ci! he's talented no doubt..hehe i kinda thought he looked like Jacky chan at first...BTW HE'S PERVERTED IN TONG HUA!! [fairy tale] GURRR hehe i understand 50/50 of the words...hehe and he is soo definatly MICHEAL WONG!!!! well all we would need would be how he rote his last name T_T should be wong though :) well well that's enough ranting..GONG LEUNG RULES!!! [canto]
    Stalker

    ReplyDelete
  9. perverted? haha...i get wat you mean... :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. My all time favorite. Very touching and meaningful lyrics. One of the only mandarin songs that I have managed to learn although I cant read Chinese. Haha. Pervert? no any red blooded man would do that. Cant resist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't either... :P

    you mean men comes in other blood colours other than red?!? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, just stumbled onto yr blog and read this lovely post of yours. I can't resist not leaving a comment even though it's so many mths down the road. This song is very addictive and a hot favourite of mine even until now!!! Tks vm for sharing.
    **Sun**

    ReplyDelete
  13. comment on! i will still read and respond to them! :)

    thanks for dropping by...

    ReplyDelete
  14. really nice to find translation for this great song!!!
    I gotta download the video to my computer!! any tips on that? please!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you can always bookmark this page and come back to view it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey how do i get this playing on my blog??

    ReplyDelete
  17. you can click on the share button or get the code on youtube...

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have no words!i'm learning chinese but i didn't know that chinese can be sanged so good.thank you for shearing.zai jian :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is truly a beautiful song, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with what You_Know_Who said it's deeper than the words.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am listening to this song over and over again like you in my itune, man. It's really cool song. Although I don't speak and understand Chinese, I am attracted by this one. The way the music is going is really cute to me. Gentle, peaceful, sad, those emotionals come to me when it's on. thanks for sharing your translation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just saying thanks for the translation in BOTH Pinyin and English. As an English-speaker studying basic level Chinese, and having encountered this song (which, like many other people, now consider it a favourite) since I moved to Taiwan, this is really helpful. Malaysia is rightfully proud to claim Guang Liang as their own. And thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi there... nice to know that many of u out there LUV tis song.. i'm also one of guang liang's fan.. but, jz curious, i read from somewhere, that tong hua is actually a song dedicated to guang liang's girlfriend.. is it true?? any one out there know bout this? pls tell me if u do.. thnks..

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha. i came upon this song as i was looking up Dormitory Boys videos. Then i came upon this song and i loved it from the start. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this song so much... the lyrics got stucked in my head. Like you, I dont know shite about mandarin... but its nice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow,2007 was the last post. I was asked to sing a Mandarin song at an Awards Night, I chose this song after randomly looking on the net. Wasn't easy. You see, I'm a Malaysian Indian girl :). But I've recorded a raw version. This is for all Tong Hua lovers :). Click and paste the following URL in your browser. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    http://www.soulgazm.net/files/lakshmi_-_tong_hua.mp3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anyone know the name of the girl in the music video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 宋智爱 / Song Ji-yai / Zheng Jiayu Taiwan famous artist

      Delete