Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blogger Full Of Bugs



How often have you seen this message within Blogger? Looks like the problems are piling up for them at the moment. Not only do they have a faulty spam blog detection system that wrongfully locked some of my blogs and forced me to go through an annoying word verification thingy everytime I want to update my blog, people are also complaining of inability to upload photos (people, please use Flickr or some other photo hosting services instead), white-screen-only-can't-see-my-blog problem, 450 Write Error and a host of other issues.

I've been waiting for days now for a response from the Blogger Support group concerning my blogs being wrongfully flagged as splogs but still nothing. Apparently, it only takes 24 to 48 hours for them to review the blogs and whitelist them. I've been waiting much much much longer than that and still I've got to put up with the annoying word verification thingy. Come on! Is it that hard to see my blog IS NOT a splog? Go out and get the real splogs and leave the authentic ones alone. The compound my problems even further, I couldn't login to my account this morning and got an error message like the one below instead. WTF?!?


(click to enlarge)

It was really the last straw and I just had to blog about this. I checked the Blogger Status as requested but no information at all. Great! Tell us to check on something which isn't there! I did mention that I wouldn't blog another entry until my blogs were vindicated but I just had to get this off my chest. Anyway, some are already suffering from a severe case of JSYK-withdrawal syndrome and had constantly requested that I continue blogging. I might consider coming out from this self-imposed 'sabatical' but I'm quite adamant to limit my blogging for the time-being until this has been resolved. You all have to understand that it's very difficult for me to blog with the damn word verification thingy on. Blogging is no longer a pleasure to me now and has turned into a hassle due to the annoying word verification thingy. Also, I just don't like the idea of being labelled a splogger, even if it was an honest mistake.

I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are too busy fixing all the other problems now to review my blog but it is very possible that this blog might not even last one year at Blogger. I might just consider moving over to Wordpress instead or stop blogging altogether. We'll see how things go. I'll give Blogger a little more time for now. Maybe it's about time my phantom readers come forward and speak up. ;)




4 comments:

  1. hey splogger, now this post mysteriously appears...

    i tried clicking on the link in the 'google down' earlier, but it says 'not found'...

    your blog is as weird as u... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only reason it 'mysteriously appear' again is cos i republished it again!

    something sinister is going on i tell u....

    ReplyDelete
  3. only sometime la..could be connection problem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyway...too frequent for my liking...

    ReplyDelete