Friday, May 11, 2007

Perodua Viva: Driving Possibilities

Perodua Viva Front

It's finally here. The new Perodua Viva was officially unveiled at a grand launching last night through a live telecast on NTV7's Thursday Nite Live. For those who missed it last night, you can watch it in this video.


Perodua Viva Official Launch

Newspapers today were plastered with full-page advertisements of the new Perodua Viva like this one here.

Perodua Viva Advertisement
(click to enlarge)

Television sets nationwide will also be bombarded with the new Perodua Viva TV commercial which I really enjoy watching. A word of caution though, the volume is pretty loud so you might want to turn the volume down a little for this video.


Perodua Viva TV Commercial

With the love theme in their ad campaign and Mother's Day just around the corner, I find it difficult to shake off the feeling that the launch was timed specifically to coincide with Mother's Day celebrations. I wouldn't be surprised if a substantial amount of sales came from filial sons and daughters placing orders for the new Perodua Viva for their mothers.

A few very good reviews have appeared online regarding the new Perodua Viva like this and this. I'll give my own review of the car after I've seen one up-close which hopefully will be in a few days time. Do check back later.

I personally like the car very much. The only problem is, I very much prefer the offerings of the 1000cc EZi model which costs RM43,800 for the Ivory White variant. At that price, I could actually get a Perodua Myvi which is larger and has a higher engine capacity. So, you can see my dilemma here.

Perodua Viva Rear

For those who wish to visit the official website for the Perodua Viva, you'll have tough luck getting in as it is being swamped at the moment. I was only able to access the site at 2am this morning! For the moment, you can visit the following links for more information about the new Perodua Viva.



No comments:

Post a Comment