Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Smart Card

I collected my new student card this morning. I was the first to collect since I was there before 9am (the official time they start operations). I thought we could collect it during office hours which started at least an hour ago but I was wrong so I had to wait awhile before I could collect the 'smart card'. I wonder how smart it is, can take MENSA test ah?

USM Smart Card

Although I had applied for the new student card later than someone that made such a big fuss about applying early get early, applying late get late, I still got it earlier than him. HA! What do you have to say now? The fact still remains that I didn't get my student card later than him as he had predicted and I was not at any disadvantage from not being able to use the new smart card features compared to others like him who had applied earlier. In fact, I have the chance to use it earlier than him! So, go shove your male ego and flawed hypotheses up your sorry ass!

USM Smart Card

You have to exchange your old student card for the new 'smart' version. Apart from the smart card, they also provided a new plastic holder and landyard to protect your new student card. It has this zip-lock feature to ensure your card is protected from water and all but although the idea is a novel one, it doesn't really work that well. Maybe mine is faulty as it doesn't close fully all the time but it really defeats the purpose especially when you have to take your card out to run some transactions, no?

USM Smart Card

The chip lies at the front of the card along with a picture of you, your name, your designation and your student ID. I have to admit this card is way nicer than the previous card which was not exactly that pleasant looking. Yes, this was the picture that the person had to take multiple shots before releasing me. For context, read this.

Behind the card, there is still a magnetic strip but no more barcodes. There is also a Bank Islam account number imprinted on the back. Hmmm...I don't recall applying for a bank account at Bank Islam so how did they manage to open an account at Bank Islam for me? What is this account for anyway? Of course, I'm not complaining if they are planning to give me free money through this bank account. ;)

All in all, I'm pleased with the new 'smart' student card. Let's see how useful it really is...




6 comments:

  1. my card looks funny...because the picture is quite a distance away compared to others...
    a friend of mine said my head isn't normal sized. too small for a human being!
    so bad...at least it isn't too close for people to see my flawed skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't need to say so much...just bring and let me laugh at it...my card so nice you sumor laugh....damn teruk la you....dunno how to appreciate a good thing when you see it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aduh...
    ok lah...since i laughed at your card, u can laugh at mine...if u ever get to see it ;)

    mintak ampun Tun...saya akan belajar cara untuk menghargai anda. ampun tuanku... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. shern shern....u've got a nice smile lah.....hehe.... (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha...thank you...tell me something i don't know... :P

    ReplyDelete