Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wanted: Dead or Alive!

Oh dear....they've successfully tracked me down. They probably have a sizeable reward on my head too. Somehow, my (overly) critical comments of MSN Messenger has found its way to the ears (eyes?) of the Redmond giant. I was contacted by someone from the MSN Messenger Development team yesterday through my blog asking for some feedback on my 'dysfunctional experience' using their instant messenger. What I had to do was reinstall MSN Messenger onto my machine just so I could respond to them. Of course, now it's non-existent on my system anymore. I listed ten stuff that really irked me while using MSN Messenger. I'm not sure if they will look into the matter or not but at least they were open to feedbacks. Kudos to them for that.

Well, anyhow it doesn't look like I'll be going back to MSN Messenger anytime soon especially when rumours are flying around that Google will be releasing their very own Google IM as early as this Wednesday! (woohoo!!!) During the release of their new Google Desktop, Google executives were quoted as saying they plan to unveil on Wednesday a communications tool that is potentially a clear step beyond the company's search-related business focus. They could have been referring to the widely speculated Google Talk or it could also refer to Google's foray in other communications fields which has attracted much attention, both with its purchase of fiber optic cable capacity and with several quiet moves it has made in experimenting in wireless technologies, dubbed Google WiFi.

So, what would it be - Google Talk or Google WiFi? Please...please let it be Google Talk! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment