Friday, December 30, 2005

Narnia So Very Boring

Just finished watching The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, thanks to a generous friend who loaned me the movie. I had quite high expectations of this movie since I heard so many rave reviews about it from my friends and the media. Unfortunately, I find it so very boring. It managed to put me to sleep not once, but TWICE!

OK, I've to admit that I was a little tired but if the movie was a little more interesting and entertaining, I wouldn't have fallen asleep the second time. It's been awhile since I've watched a movie, either at the cinemas or at home, so it would have to take a really good movie to get me interested. Yup, it would probably take a lot to stimulate the creative side of my brain now since it has remained dormant for so long. This was exactly what this movie didn't do. It wasn't up to my expectations at all. Sometimes I just find it plain stupid and childish. Of course the book is more suited to younger readers, as such the movie adaptation would cater to the same demographic group but I don't see how it lives up to all the rave reviews that this would be a movie to remember for generations! Remembered for generations as a boring and uninspiring movie perhaps?

You want a movie to remember for generations, look no further than the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now that is a movie to remember for generations. Now, that is one inspiring, interesting and entertaining movie. I find that even the Harry Potter movies are better than this. The movie critics got it wrong again this time. They got it wrong for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they got it wrong for Narnia too. Although I don't find it a total waste of my time, I would have rather used the time for my much needed sleep instead. All in all, don't believe all the hype about this movie. It's totally rubbish!

(picture from Empire Movies)




No comments:

Post a Comment