Sunday, May 29, 2005

I've seen it. It's RUBBISH!!!

I have to agree 100% with the statement made by Marvin, the Paranoid Android with an over-sized head in the movie..."I've seen it. It's RUBBISH!!!". How The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy managed to be the top-grossing movie of the weekend in the US and Canada at that time amazes me. The humour was dry, the plot was dumb, just a waste of time and money if you asked me! And they are thinking of making it into a trilogy? Please spare us the agony!!! Fortunately, Malaysians will only be able to catch the movie at the cinemas on June 23rd, enough time to warn fellow Malaysians not to be fooled into watching the movie. Hopefully, Malaysians are smart enough not to waste their time and money, not even on a pirated VCD. Luckily, I didn't have to spend a single sen watching it.

How is it that I was able to watch this movie when it wasn't even available in Malaysia yet? Alright, I downloaded it through a peer-to-peer (P2P) technology called Bittorrent, although I'm using a different client which I find more suitable for my needs. Downloading that movie was just a waste of my bandwidth! Some other movies I've watched recently with the help of this technology and how I grade them (like anyone's going to give a damn since everyone would probably have watched them by now):
Of course, I've also benefited in watching the whole Season 1 of Desperate Housewives and catch-up with some of the CSI: NY episodes I've missed using this P2P technology.




1 comment:

  1. yo kawan...i still didn't watch your 'd.h.' yet. saturday your lab got nobody...scared if something happens, they will blame me.... :)
    ~AJ

    ReplyDelete