Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

My plans to have a family Dim Sum on Mother's Day morning didn't work out so I had to go out and buy them back. Unfortunately, my grandma wasn't able to eat any due to her inflamed gallbladder and the oily nature of Dim Sum (but that's why we love it!). We have to observe her condition till Monday morning. With the day coinciding the 1st day of the month in the Chinese Lunar calendar, those who temporarily turned vegetarians for the day had to wait till later that day to feast on the dishes I've brought back. Too bad...(followed by a sinister laugh....).

My webcam arrived today. It's a very low-end model from Genius which we redeemed through Bonuslink. Plugged it in but couldn't see my face! The room was too dark. The webcam needed more light to function properly. There goes our plans to do video-conferencing with our relatives in KL and Singapore (for the time being at least...). For free telephony, you guys should try Skype. The quality is very good.

Also, my virtual football team at Hattrick was crowned league champions again today although never reaching the pinnacle of the league before the last match of the season. It was just surprising and unbelievable that one of my rival teams lost and I overtook him at the top of the table on the very last day. Yippie! You can view my team at this page.

In the real world however, Kimi Raikkonen wins the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona (hurray!) ahead of Fernando Alonso. Michael Schumacher retires on the 46th lap (cue sinister laugh....).

UPDATE: Arsenal defeated Liverpool 3-1 sealing second spot and confirming Everton's participation in the Champions League qualifications next season. Juventus beat title rivals AC Milan 1-0 which moves them three points clear with three matches remaining.




No comments:

Post a Comment