Friday, May 06, 2005

Royal Hawaiian Island Assam Masala Supreme Laksa Chicken?!?

Today is my brother's birthday. Had Pizza Hut to celebrate the occasion. However, the @#$% outlet mixed up my orders AGAIN! This has happened before and I don't know why we still go to the same outlet for take-aways. I ordered Royal Masala and Assam Laksa but they gave me Island Supreme and Hawaiian Chicken instead. Is it so difficult to differentiate the pizzas? I think this would probably be the last time I visit this outlet. Again, I stress...this wasn't the first time this has happened to us. The next time I go to a Pizza Hut outlet for take-aways, I'm opening up the box to check first!

I was suppose to get the pizzas earlier though (but I reached home just in time....PHEW!). I was stuck at my former school teacher's house repairing her computer. I had earlier feared that it could possibly be a hardware failure. Fortunately, it was just a corrupted 'config.sys' file. Used the Windows XP CD I brought to repair and fix the problem. She is now a grandmother and I can see how proud she is of her grandson who is yet to reach 6 months. Congratulations to her.

Following up on yesterday's posting where I predicted that 080808 will be a really desirable day for weddings, an article in The Star reports that 83 Chinese couples tied the knot in Penang yesterday. I guess my prediction is right on track!

Earlier today, the Labour Party led by Tony Blair was returned as the next Government of Britain albeit a much smaller majority compared to the 2001 elections. Apart from making history for the Labour Party with an unprecedented third consecutive term, he has a chance to beat Margaret Thatcher as the longest serving PM of Britain. Would he survive the full 5-year term? Time will tell...

Oh yeah....this evening, while leaving the campus, I saw a certain lecturer hopping into a new black Mercedes-Benz (PGH ****)!!! Not surprising though. Do you guys know who? I bet some of you do. ;)




2 comments:

  1. hi...hope your brother had a good party anyways...
    guess what? this has happened to me a couple of times too. they always screw up my drink order. either i am terribly stupid in asking them for what i want, or pizza hut is hiring moron zombies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, nowadays we try to keep it small and simple, if possible... :)

    Hmm...guess I'm not the only one faced with this problem. I guess we know the answer to that question now. ;)

    Another one I always experience is that at the McD Green Lane Drive-Thru, they will always forget (or intentionally 'forget') to give me something...usually the french fries. Why must they do these things to us? Why? Why? Why?!?

    ReplyDelete