Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Google Reader

Here's another service by Google that I'm currently using, which was launched recently. So what does this Google Reader do? Well, it acts as an online feed reader/news aggregator very much like Bloglines. If you like the looks and feels of Gmail, chances are you will also like this. It works with stars and labels just like Gmail and provides the same clean look of every Google product. Previously, I used an offline news aggregator to organise the blogs and news sites I read but whenever I'm at another computer, it's unable to update my reading list from one computer to another, so it actually defeats the purpose of keeping track of what I've read and what I've not. Google Reader however will keep your reading list synchronised always regardless of which computer you are using and enables you to star a particular article for further reading or apply multiple labels to it similar to that found in Gmail. One thing about Google Reader though, it's kinda slow when I use it at home but it's alright when I use it at my lab. Maybe it's due to my home Streamyx connection which has been a real pain-in-the-ass for the past few weeks! Anyway, I love using it so far and would recommend anyone to use this service. All you need is a Google Account to use it and if you are already a Gmail user or any of Google's services, you're ready to go. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment