Sunday, November 06, 2005

New Eyes

No, I'm not getting an eye transplant or something. I've just got myself a new pair of glasses. Some of you might have known of my intent to get a new pair done for somewhile now but due to various reasons (monetary being the prime reason), I've not been able to do so. This all changed last week when I made a trip to England Optical at Gurney Plaza to ask about a special promotion they had advertised in the newspapers recently. My grandma also wanted to make a new pair for herself so I guess that was the push I needed to finally get a new pair for myself (apart from the reasonable price). I've been wearing the same old glasses for many years now especially the frame. I felt it was time to change to something new, something different. After selecting a new frame, I had my eyesight checked since it has been long since the last time I did that. Again my astigmatism numbers increased substantially whereas my myopia numbers continue to drop. Arghh!!! It's very frustrating that my astigmatism continues to climb although my myopia is getting better! Well, the total cost for my new pair of glasses adds up to RM180. I think it's quite a reasonable price. Although it was completed yesterday and I did think of collecting it so I could sport a new look at my friend's wedding dinner, I decided to collect it a few days later when my grandma's glasses were also done. However, I was forced to collect them today because the right lens of my old glasses dropped again but it is now lost once and for all. Usually, I'll be able to recover the lens but I don't know how it got lost this time. Well, I guess I will be sporting a new look, of sorts from now on. :P




7 comments:

  1. i'm learning to be a bat so i can save money on glasses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bats do bang into so many things nowadays, you know....so not a really good idea... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. bats got echo-location...they aren't that blur...

    ReplyDelete
  4. but with all the lights and electromagnetic interferences nowadays, their sensory is all screwed up. trust me...they've banged into me a couple of times now...i have bats at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nevertheless, i still wanna be a bat..."BAT MAN!!! BAD MAN!!! nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh BAD BAT!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear!that sounds really gross!

    the bats at your place need new eyes too....or new voice boxes or whatever it is they need to echo locate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stayaway with your inside-out undies! :P

    ReplyDelete