Friday, November 04, 2005

Gatal

I've recovered from my supposedly dengue-like sickness but I'm still having this irritating itch! Why dengue-like? Well, for starters, there was the sudden onset of high fever. Then there were the aching bones and joints along with the pain behind the eyes. And of course, the rash which I'm still suffering from. No loss of appetite or nausea and vomiting however. In fact, I had a better appetite even! Of course there were many calls for me to see a doctor and seek treatment or at least be put under observation but plainly put, I'm just stubborn.

Obviously, I have my reasons. First of all, my fever was only for one day while a dengue fever would last for much longer. The only way dengue fever can be determined is through a blood test. The doctor will only be able to prescribe medication and offer advice on how to lower my temperature which I've successfully done. Also, I'll be put under quarantine because I'm suspected of dengue. I've seen how these quarantines are and I'm just not comfortable to be with other suspected or confirmed cases of dengue fever patients to avoid contracting the fever while being under quarantine! A little paranoid? I don't think so. :P

Anyway, all's left is this itch which I think is resulted from the medication I took. Maybe I'm just allergic to it or something but I'm not sure. Maybe I contracted some type of viral flu or something that is causing me all these distress but who really cares now. Just get this itch off me!




No comments:

Post a Comment