Friday, November 18, 2005

No More Keane

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I read the news. Has the world gone mad? What's happening at Old Trafford? What will the future hold? I've wanted to blog something else today but I just don't have the heart to do that now. Also, I'm a tad tired. :P



Alright, so what am I crapping about here. Manchester United's inspirational skipper Roy Keane has mutually agreed to leave the club with immediate effect! I nearly fainted when I read the news. What happened? Is this the outcome from his public criticism of some United players? Why did he decide to leave? Why did he want to leave? Who will officially step up to the plate and take over as United skipper? Who, what, when, where, how, why?!? So many questions!

I've actually prepared myself for him to leave at the end of this season but I was shocked to see him leave now, mid-season! Why not leave with a bang? Why not leave after lifting the Premiership trophy one more time, especially when it was two years back since United was last crowned champions? Why not leave after finally, officially....lifting the Champions League trophy in May 2006? Why not leave on a high? Why leave when the club is in such a state? Is there something more dark and sinister happening in the club that we do not know? Is the club in such a deep crisis that he felt going somewhere else, anywhere else will actually be an improvement? Is there anything for us to be worried about?

On the very same day that I was rejoicing the contract extension of Cristiano Ronaldo, my heart sank so fast and so deep just less than a couple of hours later. Astonishing really. He has been the heart and soul of the team for so many years, it's really unthinkable that he has left the club so unceremoniously, although he will be awarded a testimonial match. And here I was thinking that things could be looking up for United, this thing had to happen.

Maybe it could be something good for both the team and the player too. Remember, United won the Treble after Cantona retired. Maybe this could bring the same result! Wait a minute, Cantona retired from professional football for good! Keane is still pondering on playing for another club! Will him leaving the club now do any good especially when the team is crying out for experienced players?!?

I really do not know what is going on at the moment and the news is still sinking in. Meanwhile, acolades are pouring in less than an hour after the news broke. I guess in time, we will know the true reasons behind this sudden separation of ways and will it benefit both parties. He's no Cantona but there will always be only one Keano.

(pictures from Soccernet and ManUtd.com)




4 comments:

  1. take your scouser bs somewhere else! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will never walk alone...
    you will never walk alone...
    you will never walk alone!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. go play the tangram la and post your results la...and don't make noise here anymore! :P

    ReplyDelete